21 June 2010

Pumpkins lost and found


It's not often that I paint vegetables! This was painted for an exercise on the Painting Friends forum from a reference provided by Jaytee, to get us all thinking about lost and found edges. I like the foreground pumpkin, not so keen on the other one...

I think controlling lost and found edges in watercolour can be tricky, as it's easy to get a bit carried away and fiddle to much, and end up overworking, or else just be a bit too timid. With enough practice you will get to know the medium, but there are always unanticipated things going on - that's the nature, and the charm I guess, of watercolour!

9" by 12"

2 comments:

  1. Love the feeling of light in this - and the shadows too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat, it was a useful exercise, turned out better than I thought it would :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails