01 February 2013

Fox linocut WIP

Hello! I've been in the creative doldrums the past couple of weeks, but the snowy walk (see earlier post) and a surprise garden visitor have conspired to get me going again...

I've been pondering compositions for a linocut, and based on my snowy sketch plus a photo of a fox that visited the garden. I have come up with this:

A while back I bought a mixed pack of Chinese paper for printing, to experiment with. I thought that one of the sheets would be perfect for this snowy print:


I'm also using Zerkall 210gsm, which is what I've used before. So, first colour - grey. When I went out walking I was struck by the monochrome colours of the landscape - grey sky, dark hedgerow, white snow. I've also carved the block further for the next colour here.
And a close-up of that yummy paper:

That's all for now... well, maybe a quick look at the star of the print...
More to come over the weekend, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails